Modification of Prior Child Support or Child Custody Orders

The family law attorneys at Law Office of John Nwosu have substantial experience assisting clients in the modification of child custody, support, and spousal maintenance orders, as well as the enforcement of court orders when a parent or former spouse is not meeting his or her custody or support obligations. Based in Dallas, Texas, we serve clients throughout the Dallas county, Collin County, Denton County, Tarrant County and Kaufman counties.

A party to a custody, child support, or spousal maintenance order may file a petition to request a modification to an existing order if either party has experienced a material change in circumstances. When the proposed modification involves child custody or visitation, it must also be in the best interest of the child. Examples of materially changed circumstances include:

  • A former partner or spouse’s remarriage or cohabitation with another person
  • A former partner or spouse change in income
  • One parent decides to move out of state or far from the other parent
  • A child’s changing needs, including cases in which a child develops special needs
  • A party’s deteriorating physical or mental condition, such as by drug or alcohol abuse
  • One parent’s interference with a child’s relationship with the other parent
  • A party’s conviction of a crime

At Law Office of John Nwosu, we are committed to achieving our clients’ goals, and have helped many clients successfully modify custody, visitation, support, and spousal maintenance arrangements.

Contact Law Office of John Nwosu at 214-631-4646 to schedule a consultation with one of our family law attorneys.